Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sleepless in Houston

Listening to: Simple Man - Shinedown
Mood: Restless


As my first blog, I have to say, this is a great way to get thoughts out and organized. First off, my name is Meagan, and I'm seventeen. No, I'm not a teen mom, nor am I addicted to any types of drugs. I'm just a normally unique girl with a good head on her shoulders. But blogging? The thought never really occurred to me until I saw my cousins blog, which is amazing by the way. I've always liked to write down how I was feeling, but never so direct, never throwing it out there in the form of reality. You see I write novels and short stories, never directly putting myself in the story. Well it's time I get out there a little. So this is it, like it or not, this is my life.




In Houston, between the howling wind and frigid temperatures, I find myself unable to sleep because of restless thoughts. Restless of what? Well it could be because I can't stop thinking about what many teenagers find themselves thinking about. College, Life, and the opposite sex. The last option holding the dominance of my thoughts. Though tonight I dont find myself thinking about a particular boy, but a few. Of course there is the one, the "crush", that I have one class with, and have the sickening 2nd grade style crush on. But that boy would take up way to much time for me to explain. And then there's the friend that always seems to be in pain, that used to seem like such a good friend, but is now so distant, so out of reach. Eh, it's complicated. But what in the life of a seventeen year old girl isn't complicated? Maybe my cow, Maggie. She seems to take life pretty easily. I guess I find myself wanting the change in my life that comes in the fall with college. I'm so ready for new faces, new people. Just a new start. I'd like to meet some guys that surprise me, for so far, none in my life has. In this time, it's hard for a girl to find a guy that will court her like God intends. Where has the respect gone boys? Why is chivalry dead? But than can be discussed in a later blog. For now, this is the best I can come up with. 


Yours truly,


Meagan <3

4 comments: